Health & Safety Measures
Somika considers human resources as an important asset to the Company. Somika firmly believes that every employee has a right to safe working environment. There can be no mineral processing without human resources. People are ultimately what mining and mineral processing is all about.
Somika has put every effort to implement globally accepted occupational health and safety standards and procedures in its day-to-day operations.
- The Company complies with all national laws of health and safety to ensure Somika, a safe workplace thereby protecting its employees from accident and sickness.
- There is continuous effort by safety departments to ensure that employees wear the correct personal protective equipments to mitigate any potential exposure.
- Somika ensures that the employees arrive at work in a physically and mentally fit condition and not in any state of ill health.
- Regular safety meetings are organized and people working at Somika are encouraged to contribute ideas to make the workplace safer.
- We make an effort to offer a healthier environment to our people by providing clean working facilities at processing plants, rest areas, lunch rooms and toilet areas.
- A pre-defined action plan is formulated to tackle any unforeseen emergencies. The employees and the other staff members are formally trained to execute the evacuation plan.
- First aid kits, fire extinguishers, respiratory masks are kept handy and easily accessible for the people of Somika.
With every passing year – Somika has ensured with all efforts to improve its health and safety standards. Significant progress has been achieved on developing health and safety procedures for the members of Somika.
- Older Post
- Newer Post